Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas night my mom told us....

So we have this tradition where my family opens our presents for christmas on christmas eve. We opened all our presents and then my dad told us we had one more present to open tomorrow. We all sat there and tried to guess what it was. I thought it was a puppy. Rachel and Amanda thought it was an xbox game and i dont know what josiah thought it was. But we all got really excited to find out what it was. My dad told me about a month ago that i was gonna be really suprised about one of my presents which only made me more curious. That day we went to my grandmas, ate dinner and opened presents and did some other stuff and then we came home. We were all so excited until my mom gave us all 1 envelope. For a second i thought it was money... so i was just thinking why did this have to wait? We opened it one by one... Rachel-"Mom"... Josiah-"is"... Amanda-"Baby" and then what put it all together is mine it said "having." Rachel jumped up really fast and yelled "Moms having a baby?!... Moms having a baby! Amanda's responce was like "really?... thats awesome this is my favorite christmas present. Josiahs responce..."awesome less money i have to pay for college"... my responce was thinking my moms crazy. "I can't believe shes having another baby?... this is her 6th kid... does she know that?... is this real life?"... Rachel was hoping to god it was gonna be a girl but it turns out its gonna be a boy. By the end of the night i sat there and thought about having another sibling and it seems really weird but actually i am really happy that i will have another sibling.
Names- We've thought about names for a while now and it seems like my mom and dad have had too many kids they can't even think of a 6th one they both agree on. But, my mom likes the name Jonah and i think she should stick with that one. But my dad doesn't really like it that much. So we haven't really had a final decision on that one. My dad thinks we should name his Derek so his name will be derek rose after a basketball player hahaa:) But now i can't wait until my mom has the baby because i know we will all love him very much.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are happy Olivia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!! GRAMA LAUGHED AS I READ THIS...AND SMILED REAL BIG!!!

    ReplyDelete